Ruly provides you with a forum to interact with lawyers and professionals who have registered on this website. You understand and agree that information provided on Ruly is for informational purpose only, and does not constitute legal advice. You understand and agree that you will not rely on the information presented on Ruly for your specific situation, and that you will seek legal counsel for your own situation. You understand that Ruly is not an advertising service for lawyers, and that the lawyer listings on Ruly do not constitute a referral or endorsement by Ruly. Ruly is in no way, directly or indirectly responsible for the advice and assistance provided by the Lawyers. Ruly acts only as a platform to connect users with lawyers and in no way does it guarantee the quality of services exchanged, the interaction and information exchanged/shared between two or more parties through Ruly is at their own discretion and risk. The opinions and views shared by users, ruly employees, lawyers or any third parties on the website is their own personal expression and should not be taken as an opinion or endorsement by Ruly. Ruly does not in any way solicit work for the lawyers whose profiles appear on the website. The lawyers profiles have been provided by the lawyers themselves. The profiles of the lawyers are in consonance with the Schedule provided under Part VI, Section IV, Rule 36 of the Bar Council of India Rules. Though listing on ruly.in may increase the exposure and accessibility of a Lawyer, we are not an advertising portal where businesses are listed on a priority driven by the fees paid. Our search and sort functionality is purely driven by the user entered information and the built-in algorithm.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Ruly services, including the release of new Ruly properties, shall be subject to the T&C. You understand and agree that Ruly is provided "AS IS" and that Ruly assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to Ruly, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access Ruly. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of Ruly, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Ruly is designed to assist users and legal professionals based out of India only. Although it could be used by anyone from across the globe due to the open nature of internet, Ruly does not appreciate such an action and will not be responsible for any direct or indirect damages or losses that might be caused by using Ruly outside India and will not be party to any legal action that might be initiated as a result of the damages/losses
In consideration of your use of Ruly, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from using Ruly under the laws of India or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself and (b) maintain and promptly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Ruly has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Ruly has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of Ruly (or any portion thereof). This agreement grants the User/Lawyer a non-exclusive, personal, limited, non-transferrable. revocable and royalty-free right to access and use ruly after signing up/registration.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account in www.ruly.in and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Ruly of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Ruly cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this T&C.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Ruly, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via Ruly. Ruly does not control the Content posted via Ruly and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using Ruly, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Ruly be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via Ruly.
You agree to not use Ruly to: 1. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable; 2. harm minors in any way; 3. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Ruly employee, lawyer, any professional or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; 4. force anyone or otherwise manipulate anyone in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through Ruly; 5. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary, and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); 6. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party; 7. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; 8. upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; 9. use, or cause to be used, Ruly to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorized material, including but not limited to promotional materials, URLs, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation that you may upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available. 10. use robots or otherwise harvest others' email addresses from Ruly for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material. 11. upload, post, email, or transmit the same message, URL, or post multiple times. 12. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to use Ruly; 13. interfere with or disrupt Ruly or servers or networks connected to Ruly, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Ruly, including using any device, software, or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers; 14. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, and any regulations having the force of law; 15. stalk or otherwise harass another; and/or 16. collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs 1 through 15 above. In case of breach of any of the terms in the T&C by anyone accessing Ruly, Ruly is not liable to any damage, defamation or any ill-effect caused due to the breach and Ruly shall not be a party to any legal dispute that might arise due to the breach.
You acknowledge that Ruly may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Ruly and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via Ruly. Without limiting the foregoing, Ruly and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the T&C or is otherwise objectionable at their own discretion. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Ruly or submitted to Ruly, including without limitation information in Ruly website and in all other parts of Ruly.
You acknowledge, consent, and agree that Ruly may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the T&C; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Ruly, its users, and the public.
You understand that Ruly and software embodied within Ruly may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Ruly and/or content providers who provide content to Ruly. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into Ruly. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution, or public exhibition of the materials provided on Ruly, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Use of Ruly and transfer, posting, and uploading of software, technology, and other technical data via Ruly may be subject to the export and import laws of India and other countries. You agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations. In particular, you represent and warrant that you: (a) are not a prohibited party identified on any government export exclusion lists or a member of a government of any other export-prohibited countries as identified in applicable export and import laws and regulations; (b) will not transfer software, technology, and other technical data via Ruly to export-prohibited parties or countries; (c) will not use Ruly for military, nuclear, missile, chemical, or biological weaponry end uses in violation of export laws of any country; and (d) will not transfer, upload, or post via Ruly any software, technology, or other technical data in violation of all applicable export or import laws.
Ruly does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on Ruly. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of Ruly, you grant Ruly the following worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable: 1. With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of Ruly, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content on Ruly solely for the purposes of providing and promoting Ruly. 2. With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of Ruly, the perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, share, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. 3. None of the private interactions on chat, call, mail, etc between users and lawyers initiated through Ruly will be recorded or saved by Ruly. It is the sole responsibility of the interacting members to back-up/ save the relevant information that might be required for later. This is done in order to protect your privacy.
"Publicly accessible" areas of Ruly are those areas of Ruly that are intended by Ruly to be available to the all users and professionals including but not limited to Lawyers who access www.ruly.in.
By submitting information, ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to Ruly through its web pages and mobile applications, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Ruly is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) Ruly shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) Ruly may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of Ruly without any obligation of Ruly to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Ruly under any circumstances.
1. You understand and agree that Asking a Question on Ruly or receiving an answer to a Question posted on Ruly does not in any way create or establish a Lawyer-client relationship between you and any Lawyer Member, or between you and Ruly. The information and answers provided in response to Questions is intended to be generic legal information, not legal advice, and is based upon the very limited information provided by you in a Question. Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. If you are represented by a Lawyer, that Lawyer is the best person to give you advice about a case or legal matter. Under no circumstances should the information obtained on this site be used to make decisions about the quality of representation by a lawyer or about the proper course of a legal matter. 2. If you have any apprehension or concern about entering into the Representation Agreement or Advice Agreement (Limited Lawyer-Client Relationship), you should not request for 'Chat with Lawyer' or 'Call a Lawyer' feature.
1. The 'Chat with Lawyer' feature on Ruly is subject to availability of the lawyers (among the list of lawyers approached by Ruly real-time at its discretion) and the feature is not a guarantee to the chat service and in that case, the amount paid will be refunded in full. 2. Users who choose 'Chat with Lawyer' option will enter into a Limited Lawyer-Client Representation Agreement (the "Representation Agreement") with the responding Lawyer. 3. This Representation Agreement establishes Lawyer-client relationship between the User and the Lawyer that is limited in both scope and duration. The scope of the Lawyer-client relationship under the Representation Agreement extends only to answering the particular question asked while starting the chat, relieving the Lawyer of any duty to further investigate, follow-up, take any other action, or represent the User in any further way. The answer by the Lawyer shall be query centric based on limited knowledge of facts provided by you in your question and explanation done via chat. The duration of the Lawyer-client relationship under the Representation Agreement is also limited, and the representation ends as soon as the conversation ends (chat is ended). 4. You must understand that there are, of course, some questions that are too complicated for a Lawyer to answer appropriately and completely through a limited-scope representation of the type provided by Ruly for Chat. If Lawyer determines, in the Lawyer's sole discretion, that a query simply cannot be answered in the context of a limited scope representation, then you will be notified and your full amount paid for that question will be refunded and the lawyer will not be paid for the interaction. 5. The Lawyers are also bound by the terms above (1 to 4). 6. The chat feature can be stopped for some users at the sole discretion of Ruly due to reasons including but not limited to unreasonable or bad behaviour/interaction with Lawyers or on Ruly. Ruly is not required to justify the reasons behind blocking a user from using these features to anyone. 7. Ruly is not liable to breach of these terms by either parties (Lawyer or User) and will not be a party to any legal suit that might arise out of the breach of terms. 8. Please do not choose this feature if you do not agree with the above terms (1 to 7)
1. Karma accrued by the User/Lawyer on Ruly depicts their deeds/level of activity(Answer/Ask, Upvote, Share, Follow, etc) on Ruly. The karma accrued will also feed into the Profile ratings. 2. The Karma awarded for each activity will be dependent on the effort and expertise required to execute the activity and it is done at Ruly's own discretion. 3. The methodology adopted to calculate Karma accrual can be altered without notification to Users/Lawyers at Ruly's discretion. 4. The Profile ratings are a combination of member ratings and Karma accrual. While Karma accrual is done based a methodology common for all members the member ratings are done at their own discretion and it is not the views of Ruly. 5. Ruly will not be liable to any ill-effect or loss that may be caused directly or indirectly due to the Karma accrued or Ratings received by the Users/Lawyers on Ruly.
1. Ruly does not guarantee the legal validity of the documents shared on Ruly platforms either by Users or Lawyers or people associated with Ruly including but not limited to employees, agents,partners, officers, affiliates or any third party 2. Ruly is not liable to any direct or indirect damages or losses that might arise as a result of using the documents or any content that is available on Ruly.
1. Credits (if) offered to any User for free (during SignUp or promotional campaigns or any such occasion) is a goodwill gesture by Ruly and it can be withdrawn at any anytime by Ruly. 2. The value and validity of those credits can be altered by Ruly at its own discretion. 3. The credits are only for use on Ruly and cannot be redeemed for their value outside Ruly. 4. Using free Credits to avail a feature at Ruly may not be considered a paid service and refund (of credits) may not be granted. These actions are at Ruly's discretion.
1. Ruly offers only a platform for people to connect with lawyers, help book appointments and carry out transactions. 2. The advise and interactions are at the sole discretion of the lawyer and user. 3. The consultations booked by the user are pre-paid and the amount will be transferred to the lawyer after the completion of consultation after deducting the facilitation & handling charges. 4. Ruly charges only for the internet handling and transaction carried out on ruly. It is not in partnership with any lawyer for providing legal counsel through ruly. 5. The transaction to lawyers will be initiated only after the confirmation of consultation with rating of atleast 3 out of 5 by the user (Satisfactory). In case the user doesn't initiate any action upto 3 days after the confirmation by the Lawyer, the payment will be processed. The payment will be processed tentatively on the next business day after either of these two conditions (above 3/5(Satisfactory) or no action for 3 days) is met. 6. In case a user gives a rating of less than 3 out of 5 (Satisfactory) after a consultation, the amount will be credited into the account as ruly credits and can be used for availing other paid services on ruly. This rule can be modified/removed at ruly's discretion if any user is found to be misusing this feature. 7. Once a call or mail consultation is booked or the in-person consultation booking is in the next 24 hours, the amount paid will not be refunded. It will only be credited back as ruly credits if either the consultation (call/mail) was not satisfactory or cancelled(in-person meeting). 8. In case of disagreement over the after-consultation user ratings by lawyer, ruly's decision will be final. 9. Ruly does not interfere in any way in the consultations except for facilitating booking and payments. 10. It is the responsibility of the interacting parties to verify and enter into relevant agreements (like attorney-client relationship), if required by either party. Ruly does not overlook the consultation process and is not liable to any false information provided/shared by either party or breach of confidence. 11. Ruly is not liable or responsible for any damages or losses either direct or indirect caused to the lawyer or user connected through ruly.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ruly and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify, or otherwise make available through Ruly, your use of Ruly, your connection to Ruly, your violation of the T&C, or your violation of any rights of another.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to, Ruly (including Content, advertisements, Software, and your Ruly Account).
You acknowledge that Ruly may establish general practices and limits concerning use of Ruly, including without limitation the maximum number of days any uploaded Content will be retained by Ruly, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on Ruly, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on Ruly, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access Ruly in a given period of time. You agree that Ruly has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by Ruly. You acknowledge that Ruly reserves the right to deactivate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Ruly reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
Ruly reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Ruly (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Ruly shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of Ruly (or any part thereof).
You may terminate your Ruly account, any associated email address, and access to Ruly by submitting such termination request to Ruly.
You agree that Ruly may, without prior notice, immediately terminate, limit your access to or suspend your Ruly account, any associated email address, and access to Ruly. Cause for such termination, limitation of access or suspension shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the T&C or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance or material modification to Ruly (or any part thereof), (d) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (e) extended periods of inactivity, (f) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (g) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with Ruly, (g) repeated spamming or sharing of information that is incorrect or unruly behaviour interaction with other users/lawyers on Ruly. Further, you agree that all terminations, limitations of access and suspensions for cause shall be made in Ruly's sole discretion and that Ruly shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss direct or indirect due to termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to Ruly.
Termination of your Ruly account includes any or all of the following: (a) removal of access to all or part of the offerings within Ruly, (b) deletion of your account and all related information, files, and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of all or part of Ruly.
Ruly may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Ruly is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Ruly shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You acknowledge and agree that Ruly and any necessary software used in connection with Ruly ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in advertisements or information presented to you through Ruly or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by Ruly or the applicable licensor (such as an advertiser), you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform, or create derivative works based on Ruly, such Content or the Software, in whole or in part.
You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to Ruly. You agree not to access Ruly by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Ruly for use in accessing Ruly.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT RULY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MONETARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF RULY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE RULY; (b) HIRING A LAWYER OR PROFESSIONAL BASED ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON RULY; (c) THE COST OF HIRING A LAWYER OR PROFESSIONAL BASED ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON RULY; (d) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF GOODS AND SERVICES BASED ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON RULY; (e) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; (f) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY LAWYER, PROFESSIONAL, USER, OR THIRD PARTY ON RULY; (g) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (h) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO RULY.
RULY'S LIABILITY,IF ESTABLISHED IN ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF TRANSACTIONS OR INTERACTIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE VALUE OF ONLY ONE TRANSACTION CARRIED OUT ON RULY WITH RESPECT TO THAT DISPUTE ALONE.
Ruly may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the T&C, including by but not limited to email, regular mail, SMS, MMS, text message, postings on Ruly, or other reasonable means now known or hereafter developed. Such notices may not be received if you violate this T&C by accessing Ruly in an unauthorised manner. Your agreement to this T&C constitutes your agreement that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed Ruly in an authorised manner.
You agree that all of Ruly's trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other Ruly logos and brand features, and product and service names are trademarks and the property of Ruly.in (the "Ruly Marks"). Without Ruly's prior permission, you agree not to display or use the Ruly Marks in any manner.
Ruly respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Ruly may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Ruly the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; 2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; 3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; 4. your address, telephone number, and email address; 5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; 6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
By email: email@example.com with subject: Copyright violation
Entire Agreement. The T&C constitutes the entire agreement between you and Ruly and governs your use of Ruly, superseding any prior version of this T&C between you and Ruly with respect to Ruly. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other Ruly services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
Choice of Law and Forum. You and Ruly each agree that the T&C and the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the Delhi, India without regard to its conflict of law provisions and that any and all claims, causes of action, or disputes (regardless of theory) arising out of or relating to the T&C, or the relationship between you and Ruly, shall be brought exclusively in the courts located in Delhi, India. You and Ruly agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within India, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of Ruly to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the T&C shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the T&C is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the T&C remain in full force and effect.
No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your Ruly account is non-transferable and any rights to your Ruly account or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all contents therein permanently deleted.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of Ruly or the T&C must be filed within 60 days after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Lawyer Sign-up. Any user can sign-up/register as lawyer only once. In the event of re-attempting to sign-up or register while the initial attempt is pending activation/verification, the information provided will not be saved/used/considered. Only the information provided in the initial attempt will be considered to verify. If erroneous details were filled in the first time, User can write to firstname.lastname@example.org to seek help.
Background verifications. By agreeing to this agreement, you hereby authorise ruly to conduct background verification about your educational, professional and other information provided during registration, if required. Lawyer members if found to be providing false information can face legal action and are liable/responsible for all charges including but not limited to removal from the ruly platform, penalties for affecting the brand of ruly and any third party claims. ruly does not guarantee/endorse the information provided by lawyers on the ruly platform. The users are advised to perform their own due-diligence before hiring a lawyer through ruly.
The section titles in the T&C are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
1. If you are Lawyer / Professional, participating in any aspect of this Site, you acknowledge that rules of professional conduct apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such rules. The rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorised practice of your respective profession, and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these rules. 2. This Agreement does not establish any binding relationship between the Lawyer and Ruly such as partnership, joint venture, agency or employment, etc. Neither party has any power, rights or authority to act for, represent, bind or incur obligations on behalf of the other except to the extent agreed in this Agreement. 3. Registration/signing up as lawyer does not guarantee profile activation as Lawyer member, it is subject to verification. Till then, the profile will be activated as a user. The verification and activation is at the sole discretion of Ruly. 4. Lawyer is responsible for any liability caused due to any wrong or erroneous or misleading delivery of his services (for any paid service-consultations,etc.) initiated/transacted through ruly. 5. For all members signed in as a Lawyer, the rules on the professional standards that an advocate needs to maintain, which are mentioned in Chapter II, Part VI of the Bar Council of India Rules apply. These rules have been placed under section 49(1)(c) of the Advocates Act, 1961. The lawyers are required to comply by the provisions of this Act for their continued use of Ruly. 6. The payment received by Ruly from the user for any activity performed by a Lawyer will be transferred to the Lawyer only when the User Rating is atleast Satisfactory (i.e 3 or above out of 5). The rating is at the sole discretion of the User and Ruly will not be responsible for the ratings and reviews shared by the user after the engagement with the Lawyer. So, the Lawyer is advised to accept or take on an activity through Ruly only when he/she is confident of resolving the queries of the user completely. Still, a Lawyer can write to Ruly at email@example.com to raise his/her concerns. 7. Lawyer members by agreeing to this agreement authorise ruly to conduct background verifications on the information provided by them as and when required. If the information is found to be inaccurate, the lawyer members are liable to pay the charges incurred for the background verification and penalties for attempting to conduct fraud and defaming the brand ruly. 8. Ruly can bar any lawyer from using Ruly at any point of time at its own discretion and is not responsible for any direct or indirect loss to the lawyer or any third parties due to the termination of the Lawyer's account or limitation of access to Ruly (or part of it). This action will be initiated for reasons including but not limited to: false information provided during sign-up, inaccurate/false information shared on the ruly platform repetitively, misconduct with other lawyers/users through ruly, successively rated very low on private interactions or not delivering quality service as is expected from a qualified lawyer repetitively.